How do I get started with a Geektrust coding challenge?
Our coding challenges are a bit off beat from the usual coding tests. And this is intentional. We’re trying to understand how you would write code in the real world and not whether you can do a quick solution to get it to pass.
So here’s how we suggest you get started:
- Read the coding problem well and understand clearly what the expected input/output is.
- Sketch out a domain model in your head/paper with a modular structure.
- Write tests and keep evolving your solution. In parallel, list out dependencies and targets to be executed in a build file.
- Refactor and make your code simpler, while running your unit tests.
- Create a README with all assumptions, dependencies and sample I/O.